Top 7 Takeaways from 2015 Internet Trends Report From Mary Meeker
Every year, the tech community eagerly awaits Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends report. Not only is it packed full of rich yummy data, Meeker also provides cases and stories from around the world to inspire and surprise you.
On Wednesday March 27, Meeker presented her 2015 report.
Here were my Top 7 TakeAways
- FACEBOOK ISN’T DEAD – Despite what media says, 12-24 year olds use Facebook and Instagram constantly and consider Instagram to be the most important platform. Don’t believe the hype on this.
- FACEBOOK VIDEO IS CRUSHING IT – 50% of Facebook’s Daily Active Users watch 1 or more videos per day and 75% of them do so on mobile.
- MOBILE OPPORTUNITY – Marketers still haven’t found the best way to advertise on mobile and there is a HUGE gap between the attention people give mobile and the amount of money we spend marketing on it.
- BUY BUTTONS ARE WHAT’S NEXT AFTER VIDEO – The ability to seamlessly transact in social will get better and more accepted.
- SOCIAL IN THE ENTERPRISE IS ABOUT TO BLOW UP – Enterprise social will impact the way we work and communicate as well as continue to disrupt the way we communicate with customers.
- OPTIMIZE CONTENT (ESPECIALLY VIDEO) FOR VERTICAL SCREENS – Because of the rise in mobile, people are consuming content in a vertically oriented screen (holding a phone vs. watching a monitor). You must design UX and video for this.
- ON DEMAND EVERYTHING – Driven by Millennials, we will continue to see business disrupted by On Demand Everything – Jobs, Services, and Products.