Social Media Zeitgeist Volume 6 – The Best Links of the Week
Here are my favorite links from around the web for June 12, 2009. Because this space moves so fast, I wanted to surface great content rather than try to comment on everything. Have a great weekend!
- When Social Media stuff hits the mainstream press, it’s usually bland and irrelevant
- But this great article from USA Today written by Maria Puente gives tips that I found myself ignoring
- Most brands getting involved with Social Media are not Media companies. Media companies possess very specific skills and talent to create content, so what’s a non-media company to do?
- The first reason is really the most important, “Social Media does not work unless you have something valuable to say.” Brilliant in its simplicity, largely ignored by many companies
- Staffing for Social Media is all the rage right now, and this article brings up lessons from past media initiatives
- I think it Social Media should go beyond marketing and spread through the entire organization
- A checklist many content strategists simply aren’t using.
- I like #7 – “Write in small words where possible. Remember: eschew obfuscation.”
- The musings on Jack Donaghy are very well-written.
Have a great weekend!