7 Social Media Week Chicago Sessions To Attend
Social Media Week is coming to Chicago Sept 23rd – Sept 27th. It can be very overwhelming so I curated a list of what I’m most looking forward to.
Did I leave something off you’re really looking forward to? Let me know!
The Secrets of Story telling through Paid, Earned, Shared, and Owned Media
- WHY? AMAZING panelists will bring these topics to life and the moderator is an extremely good looking and intelligent person.
- LINK – http://socialmediaweek.org/chicago/events/?id=90743#.UhKaa9Ip98F
- DATE – Thursday 9/26 – 9-10am
Content Marketing That Wins: Making brands, readers AND Google happy
- WHY? I really like the speaker, Steve Radick, and content marketing is something we all need to hear stories and ideas about.
- LINK – http://socialmediaweek.org/chicago/events/?id=84947#.UhKOOdIp98E
- DATE – Monday 9/23 – 10.30 – 11.30 am
Confessions of a Community Manager
- WHY? Stories (not theory) about community management are the BEST way to improve.
- LINK – http://socialmediaweek.org/chicago/events/?id=92881#.UhKaadIp98F
- DATE – Monday 9/23 1-2pm
Big Data v Big Brother: How marketers are dissecting the consumer at the intersection of mobile and social
- WHY? Big data is ridiculously mathematically complex and PR needs to be better at numbers to understand what’s next.
- LINK http://socialmediaweek.org/chicago/events/?id=85281#.UhKaa9Ip98F
- DATE – Monday 9/23 2.30 – 3.30
IBM Opting in: Lessons in Social Business (Disclosure: IBM is a client of my employer Ketchum)
- WHY? I’m obsessed about taking social technologies inside the organization. IBM are leaders in the space and I can’t wait to hear what they say.
- LINK – http://socialmediaweek.org/chicago/events/?id=82751#.UhKab9Ip98F
- DATE – Tuesday 9/24 12.30-1.30pm
GOOGLE+ and Brands (Disclosure: I own Google stock)
- WHY? When Google hosts a session, it usually contains a lot of case studies and new thinking you won’t hear anywhere else.
- LINK – http://socialmediaweek.org/chicago/events/?id=84359#.UhKRXtIp98E
- DATE – Weds 9/25 – 9-10am
Mike’s Hard Lemonade – Tapping into Twitter to Rebrand and Reawaken a Brand
- WHY? I like Mike’s authentic approach to Twitter – it sounds like a really funny guy name Mike is typing the tweets – https://twitter.com/mhl. I want to meet the people that made this happen.
- LINK – http://socialmediaweek.org/chicago/events/?id=85229#.UhKRjNIp98E
- DATE – Weds 9/25 – 4-5pm