Ketchum 2016 Digital Trends Almanac
Today we published the Ketchum 2016 Digital and Social Almanac. DOWNLOAD PDF HERE
- 7 Top Trends for 2016
- 17 Articles that drill deeper into those trends
- 100 Top News Stories of 2016 that shaped these trends
I know you’re probably super busy, so I took the liberty to sum up what I consider to be the most important points here
INFLUENCERS – Page 6-7
- Influencers are going to play a bigger role than we think…and we already think their role is huge.
- SO WHAT: BUILD A PORTFOLIO OF INFLUENCERS
- The playing field has changed…but the game is still the same
- Build Relationships Over Time
VIRTUAL REALITY – Page 16-17
- The release of Oculus Rift in addition to Samsung Gear and Google Cardboard is making VR Content more mainstream
- SO WHAT: START EXPERIMENTING NOW
- VR is so powerful that it will eventually be mainstream.
- Your organization needs to start building ‘muscle memory’ in creating VR content to be prepared for a world where consumers expect content experiences
LIVESTREAMING – Page 26-27
- As I type this on a non-peak Monday morning, there are about 500,000 people watching other people live-stream video games on Twitch which Amazon purchased for about $1 billion. During peak view times, this number exceeds many popular cable channels you have likely advertising on
- Livestreaming is difficult and different than producing a video. It requires a different type of entertainer who is incredibly influential with their audience.
- 2016 will be the year that livestreaming goes beyond video games and teenagers and expand into Food, Creative Services, and maybe even Healthcare
- SO WHAT: SPEND A COUPLE MINUTES WATCHING A LIVESTREAM:
- It’s hard to explain a live-stream to someone who’s never experienced it…so go onto twitch.tv and watch a couple minutes of one. You’ll immediately get a sense of the entertainer and community that make this medium so different.
- Then, start to consider how livestreamers fit into your portfolio of influencers and what content you might be able to create
FACEBOOK DOMINANCE – Page 32-33
- Every year for the least 6 years or so I’ve been asked if this is the year that Facebook will die. It won’t be.
- Facebook products hold the #1, #3, and #8 spots for Top Apps and Facebook added 160 million new users this year
- It’s not just consumers, advertisers are making money on the platform and I estimate that Facebook’s revenue will be up 40% year over year
- SO WHAT: Facebook is your Digital cornerstone
- Facebook is the easiest way to reach a large group of people with your content
- Start working with Custom Audiences to tie your CRM in with your content for even better returns